Friday, October 7, 2016

209 = Rehoned:

Okay lets try my old method this time around along with my entire progression of stones. My old method uses 40/40, 20/20, 10/10, 5/5 seconds on each side followed by 10 round trips to clean up the edge. And this time I used a 45 degree angle due to the fact that was the way the person I bought it from honed it who will remain nameless and I'll leave it at that. I also did 3 sessions on the 12K at the same angle with a bit of slurry dilution between each one:


After that I did my usual full stropping routine of 10 round trips on the nylon webbing, 20 round trips on the scrub leather and 40 round trips on the smooth leather:


Tomorrow's shave should say how I did on the honing session and it's looking like the 12K will be used strictly as a finisher only. I'll know for sure as I use the 12K stone more.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...