Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Armada & The 209:

Today's shave was great. Maria Arman's Through The Fire Fine Craft soaps are simply amazing and her Armada scent is fantastic. How can you go wrong with a Vintage Old Spice scent and to finish of the shave I paired with my 2004 Old Spice splash and Soap Commander's Endurance aftershave balm which is also a Vintage Old Spice scent:


The 209 was excellent. I wasn't comfortable with just 5 round trips on the pasted strop with this specific razor because it tends to favor more time on the stones and strops. So I went back and did 30 round trips on the pasted strop and then I did 60 round trips on the smooth leather. It put a nice polish on the razor's edge. And this morning before the shave I did 10 more round trips on the smooth leather. The edge was super comfortable and I now have a squeaky clean post shave with only 3 passes and a single touch up on the bottom of my chin. Ladies and gentlemen, you don't know what you are missing by not using a pasted strop of some kind.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...