Friday, October 7, 2016

Shapton 12K Initial Thoughts:

yesterday for the 1st time, I used a Shapton water stone and it was awesome. Between the feel being similar to a piece of laser cut glass and the phenomenal audio feedback, this stone has impressed me. However the edge wasn't quite where I wanted it but I chalk that one up to not knowing the stone which will take some time:


I will continue to hone the 209 until I get it where I want it and learn this Shapton M5 12K stone as I go along. How long it will take is any one's guess. It took me a year of honing on the Norton 4/8K combo stone to figure it out and several months on the Naniwa Professional 600 grit stone. So I will be trying this stone again with my full progression to see what happens there. But other than that, this stone is great and I'll be getting more of them later on.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...