Saturday, October 22, 2016

8 Shaves & Counting:

I am totally blown away by this RazoRock Black Hawk SE razor. First thing that caught my eye was its low price point of $24.95 + shipping at that time. Unfortunately they had some unexpected manufacturing costs and there will be a price increase on the next batch but still, well worth that price and more in my humble opinion. And after getting a post shave that resembles an "ice rink" with just 3 passes on the 1st shave with it, I was totally impressed and hooked on this razor. Now here I am 8 shaves later on the very first blade that I put in the razor and it's still going strong. That is really cool:


I also tried a heavier handle on this razor and it made it even better which is the only drawback to this razor, its weight. The finish is great on my specific razor but it was known up front that there could be flaws in the finish before it went on sell. So far my best shave with it is when I put my Edwin Jagger DE 89 handle on the razor. It was like it was made for it. If given the chance, I would buy this razor again without blinking an eye and apart from my Shapton 12K stone, this has been one of my best purchases for 2016. If these blades can go past 60 multi pass shaves on each blade, then they will out last my Gold Dollar 209 straight razor which is the longest I've went on it without having to re hone the razor. Basically longevity is what got me into wet shaving, and I have found it.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...