Thursday, October 13, 2016

Feather AC Pro Blade Review:

I'm very impressed with these blades. The first thing I noticed was how rigid they were which in my humble opinion is the key to the longevity of these blades which has also impressed me as well. Today's shave makes the 3rd shave on the very first blade out of the pack and it's not showing any signs of slowing down. There's no pulling or tugging at all, I just wish these were a touch smoother in terms of post shave comfort:


Here's how the Feather Artist Club blades work. The very edge itself is what determines how aggressive these blade are in terms of edge exposure and not the actual blade size itself. Basically these Feather Artist Club Professional blades are supposed to be equal to a 6/8's straight razor in terms of blade exposure. The chart you see below will help explain it: 


Basically the Feather Light blades will fit in the Mongoose, Cobra Classic, King Cobra, Hawk, The General and Bamboo single edge razors in terms of installing the blade itself in the razor but it will not shave because of the amount of blade exposure the blade itself has. Think of shaving with a butter knife or a blade that wasn't sharpened. The Kai blades work the same way but are sharpened on a different stone and have a much different feel to them which I will let you all know about. I got these blades off Amazon for $11.50 which is about half of what a supplier charges. Would I buy these blades again? Yes I would because there's not been very many blades that last more than 5 multi pass shaves before having to switch out the blade. Polsilvers are now my top DE blade in terms of both blade comfort and longevity with 4 and 5 multi pass shaves before switching out.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...