Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Collection Nearly Complete:

One of my friends over on Instagram just pointed out that I'm only a few razors short of having a version of every Gillette safety razor that was produced and yes these are safety razors. When I get the entire collection, I will post a photo up of them. Now there will be 2 razors that I don't want to get and those would be a Gillette Fatboy from the 1960's and a Black Beauty from the mid to late 70's. The only reason I don't want them is because I've already got a Gillette Slim Adjustable and since I'm no longer using DE's, it would be pointless to acquire these 2 specific razors: 


So technically I only need to get 2 razors to have one from each product line and those are the Gillette Atra which is my birth year razor (1977) and I intend to get it. And the other is the Gillette Sensor which was a huge hit in the 1980's that I fondly remember. The Gillette Sensor was out when I started shaving but my first shave was with a Gillette Track 2 cart after I got in a few strokes in with both my grandfather's Gillette Super Speed & his prized Schick Injector razor. He wasn't too happy about that and gave me his Track 2 instead. Sadly that razor was lost in a flood many years ago.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...