Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Proraso Green & The Track 2:

Man oh man what a great shave I had this morning. For today's brush, I went with my New York Shaving Company 22 mm silver tipped badger brush which was awesome. And for today's soap, I went with a modern day classic, Proraso Green which has an incredible Menthol & Eucalyptus scent and the post shave feel is off the page. And to finish off today's shave I went with a nice healthy dose of TN Dickinson's witch hazel and then the icing on the cake was Pinaud's Osage Rub which was epic and I was told you can put it in the refrigerator for that extra chill effect which does get even better when you wet your face with cold water after applying it:


The old 1970's Gillette Track 2 was really sweet this morning. Unlike today's modern carts, you do have to pay attention with your technique while using this one which I had no trouble doing considering that it's not been that long since I came off of DE's, SE's & straights. Speaking of DE's for those of you whom are old enough to remember these and/or have shaved with them, you can get DE blades that are equal to the ones found in these cartridges. The Gillette 7 "o" Clock yellows to be specific which was pretty good in a DE razor. My handle definitely looks better for sure compared to the original seen below:


After my shave these were really easy to strop of the smooth leather. And unlike my other cartridges, the lubrication strip held up extremely well while stropping. Stropping will continue to be a part of my shave routine which is still wet shaving in my opinion mainly because I still use a traditional/artisan shave soap and/or cream and I still rinse between passes and the fact that I still stretch my skin. Like I've stated in previous blog posts numerous times, I only changed the razor:


I did catch myself just above the corner of my mouth in my moustache area but the Proraso styptic gel took care of it instantly and had no burn like you get with a styptic pencil. This razor was awesome and if you get a chance to get one, jump on it A.S.A.P. I'm glad I did.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...