Wednesday, August 2, 2017

High Jump 47 & The Mach 3:

This morning's shave was great. For today's brush, I went with my New York Shaving Company's 22mm silver tipped badger brush and for today's soap, I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's and their High Jump 47 which has an incredible fresh but masculine citrus cologne scent with notes of talcum powder. Think of walking into Admiral Bird's barbershop in the 1930's. And to finish off this shave, I went with a nice healthy dose of TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel which kindly stinks but is very soothing and then I topped that off with good old Clubman:


The Gillette Mach 3 was great. I got another "ice rink" post shave feel in just 2 passes and I only had to touch up 1 spot after wards. There's 2 cartridge razors that I'm looking at getting here in a couple of days. The Gillette Trac 2 & the Schick Hydro 5. The Trac 2 is what I started with before going straight into the Mach 3's about 2 to 3 months later. I'll be doing a detailed blog post on the legendary Gillette Trac 2 because that's what started the cartridge industry as we know it today.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...