Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Proraso Green & The Doc:

Today's shave was pretty good but very satisfying. For today's brush, I went with my RazoRock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic which is an amazing brush. I wasn't planning on shaving today but my beard growth said otherwise which I took some photos of today. I took one before, during & after I had finished the shave. I was craving menthol today so I grabbed good old Proraso Green for today's soap. The scent is menthol & eucalyptus. And to finish off this shave, I went with a nice healthy dose of witch hazel and followed that up with Osage Rub which burned extremely well today:


People have been very supportive of my decision to go back to cartridge razors which is NOT changing. But several people have asked that I use a DE safety razor every now & then which I can consider to be a reasonable request. The photo you see below is before the shave:


The photo below was during my shave in which the menthol had a little extra time to kick in and it was very sweet too. My face had started itching pretty bad this evening and the chill of Proraso green put an end to the itching & was very satisfying:


This last photo was after the shave and I got a couple of weepers but that's to be expected considering that it was a fresh Feather DE blade in the razor:


The doc razor done good but I got a couple of weepers around the corners of my mouth along with a couple in my neck area specifically to the right of my Adam's apple. And I really knew it when I used my Proraso styptic gel & my alum block. The Osage Rub also really stood out today as well. The burning & stinging really was epic after this shave. This is why I prefer cartridge razors. I wouldn't have had ANY of these issues if I used a cartridge razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...