Monday, August 28, 2017

Renewal & The Quattro:

Today's shave was great. I was craving Soap Commander today so I grab their "Renewal" scent which is a phenomenal floral Fougere' scent. And to finish off this shave, I went with a good healthy does of Brut followed by a nice healthy dose of Soap Commander's matching balm:


The Schick Quattro was great. I managed to get a squeaky clean post shave feel that resembles a sheet of ice in just 3 passes. My next shave with this razor will be interesting because on the last pass, I felt a slight amount of tugging. So after drying the blades off, I went ahead and did 12 strokes on the rough leather of my strop followed by 24 strokes on the smooth leather. That's usually more than enough to wake up the blades inside the cartridge. To strop these razors along with disposables, you simply go in the opposite direction than you would when you shave. And if you don't have a strop, just use a pair of old blue jeans. I went from just getting 2 or 3 shaves per cartridge up to 12+ shaves per cartridge which lowers your costs quite a bit.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...