Monday, August 14, 2017

High Jump 47 & The Shield:

Today's shave was great. For today's brush, I went with my Omega 10049 Professional Boar brush. And I got to craving Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements pretty bad so I grabbed the only one in my collection at the moment which is High Jump 47. The scent is a 1930's era barbershop with a masculine citrus cologne & notes of fresh talcum powder. Think of walking into Admiral Byrd's personal barbershop. And to finish off this shave, I went with a nice rub down with my Alum block, then a healthy splash of witch hazel and good old Clubman aftershave splash:


The Gillette Shield did great. I was squeaky clean after 2.5 passes. I might do either a straight razor or a DE safety razor shave tomorrow. I'm not really sure just yet. Oh and my Edwin Jagger DE 89 needs a new handle. The original took a crap when I took it apart to remove the blade.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...