Thursday, August 3, 2017

Le Petit Chypre & The Mach 3:

This morning's shave was great. My brush for today is my old reliable Omega 10049 Professional Boar which kindly acted up on me today but still delivered a top shelf performance. And for today's soap I needed a Barrister & Mann fix so I grabbed my last B&M puck which is my Latha Le Petit Chypre scented soap and matching aftershave splash. The scent is Oakmoss & Cyprus wood. I'm going to have to pay B&M a visit here pretty soon and stock up on some more soaps. And to finish off this shave I went with the matching aftershave splash which is witch hazel based and has a touch of menthol which makes the post shave feel even more amazing:


My brush absorbed all of my lather on the second pass so I had to re lather the brush. This also means that I have to perform the old fabric softener trick which is what you see below. All you do is add 1 tablespoon of your favorite fabric softener to 6 ounces of water and let it soak overnight and you will be good to go. I don't do this very often at all unless my brushes absorb all of my lather like this beast did this morning. I used my Kuerig coffee maker to dispense the water. This little trick is also especially good for breaking in new brushes as well. Now this brush will have much better flow through, be twice as soft and build even thicker and slicker lather as a result:


The Gillette Mach 3 was great. But it is time to re hone the cartridges that I have which is a good thing and very fun to do. I managed to get another "ice hockey rink" post shave feel in 3 passes and a touch up spot on my chin which is about normal for me with the Mach 3. So later on today, I will be honing these Mach 3 cartridges. I was told by many people that I'm the 1st one to actually do or mention anything about using a water stone to sharpen a cartridge and/or disposable razor which is a pretty cool & humbling experience.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...