Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Mountain Man & The Guard:

Tonight's shave was pretty good. More on that in a moment. For tonight's shave I went with Stirling Soaps which performs flawlessly each time I use it and I chose their Mountain Man scent. The scent is Stirling's take on Creed's Silver Mountain Water cologne which is stupid expensive. So if you want the next best thing to Creed's Silver Mountain Water cologne that won't break the bank, then this soap is definitely for you. And to finish off the shave, I paired it with good old Clubman:


The Gillette Guard was okay at best. I did have to make 3 passes and I still didn't get a close enough shave to suit my needs. More details to come in another blog post. I also got quite a bit of feed back from my alum block and my aftershave. We will see if tomorrow's shave is any better because I did take the time to strop it on both the rough & smooth leather of my strop. Maybe that will help it out some. So if you see another razor in tomorrow's shave don't be surprised.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...