Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Turkish Bath & The Proshield:

This morning's shave was nothing short of phenomenal and it's also a "do over" shave from yesterday. So for today's brush I went with my RazoRock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic and I grabbed Jeeves of Hudson Street and their Turkish Bath scented soap which has a 1920's barbershop style scent with a top note of premium pipe tobacco :


And to finish off this shave I went with a nice healthy dose of TN Dickinson's witch hazel and then I followed that up with Stirling Soap's Barbershop scented aftershave splash. Unless I'm using one of Soap Commander's aftershave balms, my Stirling Soap's glacial lemon chill balm or my Barrister & Mann Le Petit Chypre aftershave splash, I use the witch hazel you see in the photo below:


The Gillette Proshield was exceptional this morning, specifically this one cartridge because this is the one I re honed on my natural stones. I got my usual "ice rink" post shave feel after 3 passes which is normal considering how much beard growth I had left over from yesterday. I also want to take a moment to thank Don Youngner for creating a "cartridge section" over in the Wet The Face Google + community in my honor. I'm truly grateful and very flattered. Thank you kind sir. I also want to take a moment to thank the wet shaving community which has been very supportive in my decision to return to cartridge razors full time. Thank you all.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...