Thursday, August 10, 2017

Turkish Bath & The Track 2:

This morning's shave was phenomenal. For my prep, I started off with a nice, hot and relaxing shower & I'm on my 2nd cup of Dunkin Donuts decaf coffee brewed in my Kuerig coffee brewer. I had a little too much of the regular coffee yesterday and was jittery all day as a result. For today's brush, I went with my Omega 10049 Professional boar which is my personal favorite. And for today's soap I was craving Jeeves of Hudson Street and went with their "Turkish Bath" scent which is incredible. The scent is a 1920's era Barbershop scent with a top note of premium pipe tobacco. I finished off today's shave with a nice healthy dose of TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel & Stirling Soap's Barbershop scented aftershave splash which adds a tiny bit of sweetness to the post shave scent:


The Gillette Track 2 was phenomenal and has become my personal favorite razor of all time. I was squeaky clean after performing 2.5 passes and the razor was even more comfortable than the 1st time I used it which is really cool. I have a feeling that I will be getting a lot of shaves out of these which is a really good thing. The perfect stone size you will need to hone ANY cartridge and leave the metal tabs on the sides intact is 1 and 3/8's inch wide by 4 inches long or 9.1 mm wide by 102 mm long. So if you can find the stones in this size or a touch smaller you will fine at re honing your cartridge razors. With my Mach 3's, Mach 3 Turbos and these blades, re honing them doesn't matter because they're just about as economical as DE blades are and Gillette's Proglides aren't too far from that either. I've already found 100 track 2 blades by Personna for less than $15 dollars.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...