Sunday, August 20, 2017

Honor & The Track 2:

Today's shave was really good. For today's brush, I went with my RazoRock Plissoft 24 mm Synthetic which builds an excellent if not epic lather. And since today is Sunday, that means Soap Commander Sunday is in full effect. I went with their "Honor" scented line today which is their Barbershop scent. To my nose it's like you combined Phoenix Shaving's C.a.D. which is a stronger version of a 1970's & 1980's certain "canned shave foam" scent and Fine's American Blend which is their take on YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme 2003 and both combined smell excellent. Soap Commander nailed the scent on this one. And to finish off today's shave I went the matching aftershave balm which adds a tiny bit of menthol to the already epic post shave feel:


I noticed something today with my 1971 Gillette Track 2 razor. It was the last shave on this specific cartridge that came with the razor which is NOT a Gillette Track 2 cartridge so my initial review may be way off. When I went to install an actual Gillette Track 2 Plus cartridge, it was smaller than the one that came with the razor handle and wasn't easy to install either and the clear plastic cover that came with the 1st cartridge didn't fit. So tomorrow's shave will be interesting. But I still got a really good 2.5 pass shave that I'm more than happy with. And I will be getting a brand new strop. My 3 inch black latigo is too big for a cartridge razor & has seen its better days. When you get a new strop, DO NOT USE LEATHER BALMS AND/OR STROP DRESSINGS. It cuts the life of a strop down by half & once you do use them, YOU CAN'T STOP. If you do the strop will dry out and become very brittle and be extremely easy to nick. Just use CLEAN BUT OILY HANDS ONLY and you will be fine.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...