Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo:

An old favorite of mine is now back in my shave cave after an extremely long absence. So before I get started, let me give you a little back ground on Gillette's Mach 3 series. On April 14, 1998, Gillette released their new Mach 3 system which was the 1st ever triple bladed cartridge system and back then when they was first released, they cost about what their newest product does now. The regular Mach 3's wasn't too good at all for me back then mainly because I was still using the canned foam which will remain nameless. That was the initial launch date for the regular version. Later that same year they came out with this version, the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo which was advertised as being more comfortable and more suitable to sensitive skin and they were correct because these didn't cut me up any where near as bad as the regular version did when I was using canned foam & goo which will NEVER be back in this house:


The main differences between the 2 other than the color is that the Mach 3 Turbos on the right have a much better lubrication strip and a coating on each of the blades themselves. Think of getting an extra protective coating on your favorite DE blades:


The comfort level was off the page with these compared to the standard version of the Mach 3 cartridges. The cost is about $.30 cents more for the Turbos which is really not enough to even worry about. These are pretty easy to find and Gillette does offer these with their subscription services. I'll go over to their website to see what all blades they offer with that service later:


I had no problems at all with this razor using an actual shave soap and brush. And based upon my experiences over the last few months, the canned foam & goo was the only problem in my shave routine back in the day. Of course I also didn't know anything about stretching the skin like I do now and I also didn't know anything about stropping either which triples the longevity of your blades. As it stands with my shave routine today using everything I mentioned earlier, the only problem was the razor itself and these cartridges have seriously helped in terms of both comfort & clearing my skin up. I don't regret going back to cartridges at all.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...