Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Gillette Guard Initial Review:

Earlier tonight, I shaved for the 1st time with a Gillette Guard which is a single edge cartridge razor. My friend Mark Hutchison sent this to me from the United Kingdom. Thanks again Mark. First thing I noticed was the weight. It's extremely light weight so if you have a thick & heavy beard like I do, you will need this blade to be extremely sharp to be able to pass through your whiskers. The head of the razor is a pivoting head type of razor which does make it easier getting the correct angle. The guard itself was a little bit troublesome specifically around my moustache & neck areas. I had to go back in and do some buffing strokes which helped some but not a lot:


I agree with Mark Hutison's assessment in his video about this razor. The blade itself is okay at best mainly because it's not sharp enough specifically if you are 40 years of age & older and have an extremely tough & thick beard. I ended up doing 3 full passes and I still didn't get a close enough shave compared to my other cartridge razors. 3 passes with any of my other cartridge razors equals a BBS every single time. I also got quite a bit of feedback from my alum block & aftershave. Now I did take a moment to strop it but I'm honestly considering another razor for tomorrow's shave. It left a lot behind after 3 passes & the comfort level was just not there either. But on a positive note, these are dirt cheap at only $.09 cents per cartridge. I recommend these for light beards at the most.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...