Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Optimism & The Track 2:

Today's shave was excellent. Possibly one of my best shaves of all time. For today's brush, I went with my Omega 10049 Professional Boar brush. And I got to craving something sweet, so I went with Soap Commander and their classic "optimism" scented soap which has an incredible Pear, Plum & Bergamot scent to it. And to finish off this shave, I went with the matching aftershave balm which adds a touch of menthol to the already exceptional post shave feel:


The 1971 Gillette Track 2 was epic and just what the doctor ordered. I was squeaky clean after doing 3 passes which is just about where I wanted it. This was the 3rd shave on this specific cartridge and it's NOT showing any signs of slowing down either. Normally about this time I'd have to hit the rough leather side of my strop but I didn't have to which is really cool. 

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...